Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Welcome to our journey

Jan 15, 2013
Hello,
We are Derek and Mindy!
We have started the Adoption Process and wanted to create this blog to follow our journey for our family, friends, and others that may be traveling down the same road. We hope you enjoy hearing about our joyous times and well as (we hope few), sad times. Knowing the Adoption process can be trying at times, our plan is to help keep you in touch with our process.  So here is a little bit about our life! Note this is my first time to Blog, so I'm learning as I go!

I am Mindy, "a retired", new to the stay at home wife,  I was a Special Education teacher of 9 years! Yes, I caps because I loved my position in teaching. After a trying time at trying to conceive through IVF, I lost at 8 weeks then 2 months later had a Blood Clot behind my knee. (They think no relation, I don't want to scare anyone doing IVF)  Not a great APRIL FOOLS JOKE! Many people would have gone back to work after a few rounds of blood thinners, but a year before I was ill with off blood clotting disorder. So the best Dr, in the world, strongly suggested that I take some time off and take care of myself. Well I have done it, and been GREAT!

My "Prince Charming," Derek is going to make the Best Daddy in the WORLD!  He is an electrical engineer. I call him my computer nerd! I was so blessed to find him after dating lots of FROGS! He loves kids, and after putting up with my past illnesses and going through the IVF stuff, he is ready and most excited to adopt. We met Dec 7, 2007..and well I won't bore you with our love romance, we did meet on Match.com. Don't knock those websites! We got married on Jan. 17, 2009.  So here we are, fast forward almost 4 years in 2 days!

After the heart ache of losing our child, we decided not to venture another round of IVF, do to the cost and  the thought of doing all the medicines and paying an extremely high price for no 100% guarantee. Everywhere I turned people had another story of a successful adoption journey. It was like the Lord was screaming at us to adopt. Praying and more praying, led us to what seemed it should have been our first decision! ADOPTION...After calling every agency local and internet based and meeting with wonderful and generous friends that had adopted we found the agency that seemed to be made for us.
I will tell you about that story later..... The Best 36th Birthday Trip!

We have finally picked our adoption agency, Abilene Christian Homes. We now hope and pray they approve us. But here is where we are...In case, you are wondering....
We attended our Orientation Meeting Oct. 2012 Weekend full of grasping the love of others,  meeting couples like us, and  hearing the families tell their stories was amazing and enlightening
Oct-Today: Filling out paper work, attending Dr.s appointments, Baby CPR/First Aid Class, 2 Baby Classes on Safety and more paper work! and first payment sent
Today: I had two more paragraphs for our profile to write, after writing and rewriting,,,,finally finished with my mom. Thank goodness she was an English teacher and could help edit. Or I would have been stuck!
Also today: I spoke to our Case Worker...Amy! I hope she is ours!! And hopefully have booked our first Home study Meeting...

We are so blessed by our friends and families' support. We know this waiting will be difficult. We ask for your prayers as we make our story public.
Here is the website to Abilene Christian Homes,  please keep them in your prayers and the Birth Mothers considering adoption for their child.
www.christianhomes.com/
Blessings from our journey to yours!
Mindy

2 comments:

  1. I know the Lord will be with you every step of the way. You two will make great parents with your hearts full of love for children and love for our Lord Jesus Christ.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Aunt Trish

    ReplyDelete